Jones A.; Lyrup Village – a century of association, 1894 – 1994.
Kilpatrick D.T.; Engel A.E.; 1965; Apricot gummosis; SA Department of Agriculture; 16 mm film; 18 mins.
Kilpatrick D.T.; 1968; Pruning for the Australian Gardener: a guide to the pruning of deciduous fruit trees and vines for the home gardener; Rigby Adelaide (125 pages).
Quinn G.; 1947; Fruit tree and grapevine pruning: a handbook for fruit and vine growers: working under the climatic and economic conditions prevailing in temperate Australia; 13th edition; Robins & Mullins (Melbourne).
Spurling M.B.; 1959; Blackheart of Apricots, SA Journal of Agriculture Vol 62 1958-59, P. 80.
Rubel D.M.; 1959; Australian and South African canned deciduous fruit industries; US Department of Agriculture; FAS-M61 October 1959.
Wilson J.; 2014; 12th World Deciduous Canned Fruit Conference, South Africa Study Tour; Horticulture Australia Project No CF13700.
This article has been prepared by Barry Philp with assistance from the following contributors:
- Phil Cole – irrigation
- Ian Lewis – fruit marketing
- Adrian Dahlenburg – post harvest handling
- Frank Gathercole – crop research
- John Steed – industry development
- Darren Graetz – stone fruit breeding
- Trevor Wicks – plant pathology
- Geoff & Mary Thomas – extension services
- Don & Bronwyn Plowman – editing