Moving pigs within South Australia
Pigs moved within South Australia:
- must be branded with a registered pig brand
- can be accompanied by a voluntary Pigpass National Vendor Declaration.
Moving pigs to South Australia from interstate
Pigs will not be allowed to enter from herds where Porcine Brucellosis is known or suspected.
Breeding pigs entering South Australia from Queensland and New South Wales must:
- have a completed pig health assessment ( or )
- meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a copy of a current certificate from the Brucella suis Accredited Herd Scheme.
- Non-accredited herds must meet 1 of the following criteria:
- have a negative brucellosis serological test result conducted within the previous 30 days
- be moving to a South Australian facility approved by the Chief Inspector of Stock that carries out brucellosis testing before release.
Pigs can be accompanied by a voluntary Pigpass National Vendor Declaration.