Food safety links
Food Standards Australia New Zealand - Develops and administers the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code.
The Code lists requirements for:
- food additives
- food safety
- genetically modified foods.
Food recalls - Gives information about food recalls.
Food legislation - Food legislation in Australia and New Zealand.
Food Regulation Secretariat - Includes details about Australia’s food regulation system. The site includes policies, groups, and committees.
Food Safety Information Council - Gives consumer information on handling, storage, and preparation of food. Their aim is to reduce cases of food poisoning.
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR) - Manages quarantine controls at our borders to minimise the risk of exotic pests and diseases entering the country. DAWR also does import and export inspection certification.
- South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI)
- Public Health SA
- NSW Food Authority
- SafeFood Queensland
- Food Safety Victoria
- Dairy Food Safety Victoria
- PrimeSafe Victoria
- WA Health - Food safety section
- Tasmanian Health - Food safety section
- NT Health - Food safety section
- Codex Alimentarius - International food standards
- NZ Food Safety Authority
- Canadian Food Authority
- US Food Safety Information
- US Food Safety and Inspection Service
- UK Food Standards Agency
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland