The Loxton Research Centre is available for bookings during business hours. Agribusiness, research, regional development and education meetings and events will be given booking priority.
Interest for use of the new facilities is strong so we advise enquiring early about bookings.
Join the Loxton Research Centre
The Loxton Research Centre, its tenants and the innovative research and business opportunities it fosters will play a pivotal role in plotting the future direction for the River Murray region – and you could come join us.
The Loxton Research Centre is already home to a number of private and government tenants, including:
- Primary Industries and Regions SA
- The Almond Board of Australia
- Biological Services
- Riverland Wine
- Growsmart Training
- Wisdom Data and Mapping
- Rural Directions
The Centre is also the new home of the Centre of Excellence for the Australian Almond Industry, which is championing exciting new research for Australia’s fast growing almond industry.
Industry sectors that may be interested in using our facilities or even moving in as a tenant include:
- industry organisations or associations
- technology companies or research institutions.
The Centre is currently at near capacity. If you are interested in relocating your business / organisation to the Centre please call us on (08) 8595 9100.
Innovation - Collaboration - Excellence
The Loxton Research Centre is a showcase for South Australia’s extraordinary River Murray region, supporting and promoting our global reputation as a leader in agriculture and producer of premium food and wine from our clean environment.
The Loxton Research Centre recently underwent a $7.5 million redevelopment, funded as part of the $265 million Australian Government-funded South Australian River Murray Sustainability (SARMS) Program.
The vision for the new look centre is to form a collaborative hub, bringing together industry, research, education and government to drive agriculture and business innovation in South Australia, Australia and overseas.
Build - Function - Future
As part of the redevelopment, existing facilities were refurbished, including reception, offices, kitchen, meeting rooms and laboratories.
The existing modernised centre sits beside a newly constructed building, which encompasses a state-of-the art conference facility that seats up to 200 people, meeting areas, demonstration kitchen and flexible working spaces.
Riverland company Michael Kregar Building Pty Ltd, with the support of local sub-contractors, oversaw the construction of the new building.
Research Centre Videos
These videos were created to celebrate and capture the Loxton Research Centre redevelopment, which was officially opened on Friday 3 February 2017 by South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill.
The SARMS Program
The SARMS Program encompasses the $240 million Irrigation Industry Improvement Program (3IP) and the $25 million Regional Economic Development (RED) Program.
The $7.5 million redevelopment is part of the powerful suite of RED sub-programs, which include the:
- $5 million Industry-led Research Sub-Program (IRSP)
- $12.5 million Regional Development and Innovation Fund (RDIF)
- Loxton upgrade shines spotlight on local food and wine - media release - 3 February 2017
- Loxton Research Centre raises the roof - media release - 31 May 2016
- Construction begins on new Loxton Research Centre conference facility - media release - 16 February 2016
- Riverland company wins Loxton Research Centre construction tender - media release - 11 January 2016
- Construction Tender Open for the new Loxton Research Centre building - media release - 14 October 2015
- Redevelopment of Loxton Research Centre one step closer - media release - 25 August 2015