Riverland storm damage
Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) staff have assessed the damage to crops and equipment and are developing recovery strategies after the major hailstorm on Friday 11 November 2016.
PIRSA Storm Recovery Centre
PIRSA’s Storm Recovery Centre has been established at the Loxton Research Centre.
PIRSA staff are on hand at the centre to:
- advise primary producers on services and assistance that are available to them
- provide technical information to growers with hail damage.
Opening hours over the Christmas and New Year period:
- Open Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm: including 28, 29 and 30 December 2016 and 3 January 2017 onward.
- Closed on weekends.
- Closed on public holidays: 26, 27 December 2016 and 2 January 2017.
Address: 1801 Bookpurnong Rd, Loxton SA 5333
Storm Recovery Hotlines
Call the South Australian recovery hotline on 1800 302 787 if you have been affected by the weather and need information about recovery services and support. The hotline is staffed Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm. You can leave a message after hours and on public holidays.
For specific advice about PIRSA services, contact the PIRSA Storm Recovery Centre on 8595 9100.
Recovery assistance grants of up to $10,000 each are available to reimburse primary producers affected by the Riverland hailstorm. For more assistance:
- visit the Riverland hailstorm recovery grants page
- contact the PIRSA Storm Recovery Centre on 8595 9100
- email email@example.com
This assistance is jointly funded by the Commonwealth and South Australia under the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).
PIRSA and State Government staff are working to assess the full extent of the storm damage and determine what additional services can be offered to support affected primary producers recover.
For more general information about disaster recovery services, visit the State Government recovery page.