Report illegal fishing activities
You can report illegal fishing activities to Fishwatch on the 24 hour hotline: 1800 065 522.
Illegal fishing activities include:
- taking protected species
- fishing in closed or prohibited areas
- fishing in aquatic reserves
- exceeding limits
- taking undersized fish
- using illegal fishing gear.
Information to give Fishwatch
Provide as much details as you can when reporting a suspected fishing offence.
- Location of the offence.
- The type of illegal activity.
- A description of suspected offenders, including their clothing and any distinguishing features.
- Names of the offenders if you know them.
- Registration numbers of vehicles, vessels, or trailers.
- Date and time of the activity.
- Any other information that may be relevant.
All information given to Fishwatch is treated with the strictest confidence.
Phone: 24 hour Fishwatch hotline on 1800 065 522.
You can also report through the Recreational Fishing Guide app.
GPO Box 1625