Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) commissions and completes research through its Forestry division. We also partner with ForestrySA whose research projects are part of their Community Service Obligation.
The research projects:
- support industry development
- build the knowledge base of the South Australian forest industry
- inform best forest practice across the state.
Below is a list of research work carried out by PIRSA. New reports will be added as our historical database of research trials is reviewed.
- Alternative species, products and services: South Australian tree farm improvement project ()
- Environmental impact research.
- Tree improvement and genetics.
- Climate change and South Australia’s plantations: impacts, risks and options for adaptation ()
- Elite Cypress forestry trial full report ()
- Establishment and mid rotation silviculture email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 8226 0299 for a copy of the final report.
- Eucalyptus occidentalis coppice regrowth control.
- Growth and form of Guadalupe and Cedros Island provenances of Pinus radiata in low rainfall environments ()
- Growth rate review on six key farm forestry species on Kangaroo Island ()
- Gumeracha Eucalypt climate change trials ()
- Gumeracha Farm forestry research projects ()
- Hardwood coppice control with thinned stands.
- Hardwood thinning trial in the south east.
- Establishment techniques to improve Allocasuarina luehmannii and Eucalyptus microcarpa tube stock survival and growth ()
- Second Rotation Tasmanian Blue Gum Management.
- Survival and growth of Pinus brutia and Pinus pinaster on high pH, rendzina soils 2008 progress report ()
- Tree improvement: genetics of eucalypts and pinus species.
- Tree water use: farm forestry bore water monitoring project ()
- Young Age Fertiliser Response Prediction Tool ()