Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) is working on a number of major programs that will help ensure the prosperity of South Australia’s primary industries and regions into the future.
The state’s primary industries and regions are crucial for the prosperity of the state, and are continuing to grow in importance.
Our Corporate Plan 2015-16 () outlines how we are assisting our primary industries and regions to grow, innovate and maximise their economic growth potential.
We are leading the delivery of the State Government’s Premium Food and Wine from our Clean Environment strategic priority and Premium Food and Wine Produced in our Clean Environment and Exported to the World economic priority.
We also lead and and coordinate the state’s regional development agenda to improve economic and social outcomes for regional South Australia through the Government’s Charter for Stronger Regional Policy.
Major programs include:
- Northern Adelaide Food Park
- SA Food Innovation Centre
- A Modern Transport System for Agriculture: A New Partnership Approach
- Australian Pastures Genebank
- South Australian River Murray Sustainability (SARMS) Program
- New Horizons Program
- Sterile insect technology (SIT) facility
- Regional grants and loans
- Northern Adelaide Plains Agribusiness Initiative