Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) is a key economic development agency in the Government of South Australia, with responsibility for the prosperity of the state’s primary industries and regions.
PIRSA supports and helps grow our state’s primary industries through:
- increasing trade and investment
- advising industry associations
- leasing and licencing
- policy, legislation, and regulation
- consultancy services
- scientific research and innovation.
Our priorities for primary industries are:
- helping medium-sized enterprises through the Agribusiness Accelerator Program
- encouraging investment through the Agriculture, Food and Wine Investment Strategy
- facilitating market development through the China Agribusiness Initiative and Action Plan
- enabling market access for South Australian agriculture, food and wine and forestry products
- increasing innovative business practices and processes with the Food and Wine Co-Innovation Cluster Program
- assisting agriculture and food companies to commercialise innovative processes and products using the Food Innovation Program.