Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA) publishes a report on the condition of Crops and Pastures in South Australia every second month. During the cropping season estimates of the area and production for each crop and district are also provided with the report. The report is assembled by regionally based consultants. Visit Rural Solutions SA.
The estimates are quality checked from a number of sources. Occasionally adjustments are made. The table in the current report has the updated estimates which may vary slightly from tables in previous year's reports on this site.
- Harvest commenced during September but progressed slowly until warmer weather early November.
- In many districts, harvested crops have performed better than expected given the challenging seeding and dry early winter
- Crop area is estimated at 3.5 million hectares – the smallest crop area since 2001.
- Crop production estimate in this report is revised slightly upward to 6.8 million tonnes – the lowest since 2008–09.
- Pasture and stubble feed availability low in many districts, but will improve as harvest progresses.
Crop reporting districts map
Crop estimates for a season are provided commencing with the Seeding and Crop Establishment Report. Estimates are based on the districts defined in the following map.
2017-18 season reports
- September 2017 Crop and Pasture Report ()
- July 2017 Crop and Pasture Report ()
- 2017-18 Crop Seeding Intentions - May 2017 ()
2016-17 season reports
- 2016-17 Harvest Summary - March 2017 ()
- 2016-17 Harvest Summary - January 2017 ()
- 2016-17 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2016-17 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2016-17 Crop Establishment ()
- 2016-17 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
2015-16 season reports
- 2015-16 Summary and Final Estimates ()
- 2015-16 Harvest Summary ()
- 2015-16 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2015-16 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2015-16 Seeding Intentions and Crop Establishment ()
- 2015-16 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
2014-15 season reports
- 2014-15 Crop performance summary and final crop estimates ()
- 2014-15 Harvest Summary ()
- 2014-15 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2014-15 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2014-15 Crop Establishment ()
- 2014-15 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
See more agricultural reports and newsletters.
- 2013-14 Final Summary and Estimates ()
- 2013-14 Harvest ()
- 2013-14 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2013-14 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2013-14 Seeding and Crop Establishment ()
- 2013-14 Seeding Intentions ()
- 2012-13 Final Summary and Estimates ()
- 2012-13 Harvest ()
- 2012-13 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2012-13 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2012-13 Seeding and Crop Establishment ()
- 2012-13 Seeding Intentions ()
For historical reports contact:
Grains Account Manager, Agriculture Food and Wine Division
Phone: 8429 0472
Mobile: 0409 289 107