Crop and pasture reports
Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA) publishes a report on the condition of Crops and Pastures in South Australia every second month. During the cropping season estimates of the area and production for each crop and district are also provided with the report. The report is assembled by regionally based consultants. Visit Rural Solutions SA.
The estimates are quality checked from a number of sources. Occasionally adjustments are made. The table in the current report has the updated estimates which may vary slightly from tables in previous year's reports on this site.
- Rain starting in early July enabled farmers to complete seeding across the state.
- The dry start has led to staggered germination in crops, although crop growth has evened out as the season progressed.
- Pulse crops in many districts have low levels of disease with average yield potential, despite the late start.
- Most canola crops are now in full flower through to pod formation.
- Crop area sown is estimated at 3.5 million hectares – the smallest crop since 2001.
- Crop production is estimated at 6.7 million tonnes – the lowest since 2008–09.
- Reasonable pasture growth during spring is expected for most districts.
Crop reporting districts map
Crop estimates for a season are provided commencing with the Seeding and Crop Establishment Report. Estimates are based on the districts defined in the following map.
2017-18 season reports
2016-17 season reports
- 2016-17 Harvest Summary - March 2017 ()
- 2016-17 Harvest Summary - January 2017 ()
- 2016-17 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2016-17 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2016-17 Crop Establishment ()
- 2016-17 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
2015-16 season reports
- 2015-16 Summary and Final Estimates ()
- 2015-16 Harvest Summary ()
- 2015-16 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2015-16 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2015-16 Seeding Intentions and Crop Establishment ()
- 2015-16 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
2014-15 season reports
- 2014-15 Crop performance summary and final crop estimates ()
- 2014-15 Harvest Summary ()
- 2014-15 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2014-15 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2014-15 Crop Establishment ()
- 2014-15 Crop Seeding Intentions ()
See more agricultural reports and newsletters.
- 2013-14 Final Summary and Estimates ()
- 2013-14 Harvest ()
- 2013-14 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2013-14 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2013-14 Seeding and Crop Establishment ()
- 2013-14 Seeding Intentions ()
- 2012-13 Final Summary and Estimates ()
- 2012-13 Harvest ()
- 2012-13 Spring Crop Performance ()
- 2012-13 Winter Crop Performance ()
- 2012-13 Seeding and Crop Establishment ()
- 2012-13 Seeding Intentions ()
For historical reports contact:
Grains Account Manager, Agriculture Food and Wine Division
Phone: 8429 0472
Mobile: 0409 289 107