Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) supports primary industries by:
- shaping and driving involvement in State and Federal Government priorities that affect them
- engaging them and other stakeholders in the development of policies, plans and programs that affect or interest them
- delivering priority projects, including the Premium Food and Wine from our Clean Environment strategic priority
- providing South Australia's contribution to intergovernmental policy that affects primary industries and regions
- delivering the South Australian Government 2014-15 Implementation Plan for Drought Program Reform
- delivering a marketing program in our key markets of China, India, Japan, Indonesia, Singapore and the USA, including promoting South Australia’s credentials, including our non-GM status
- measuring the commercial value of each industry using value chain analyses and producing the annual Food and Wine ScoreCard.