Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program
Kickstart your food innovation idea and get ahead of the pack
The Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program supports co-funded projects which develop new or improved food products or manufacturing processes through the commercialisation of research.
As part of the South Australian Food Innovation Centre, PIRSA has partnered with Food Innovation Australia Limited – doubling the funding available under the program and helping to drive greater innovation in South Australia’s food manufacturing industry.
Expressions of interest now open
Expressions of interest for Round 4 of the Advanced Food Manufacturing grants program are now open.
Round 4 comprises two funding streams:
- Small – grants of $25,000 to $100,000 are available for South Australian food and beverage processors and manufacturers seeking to develop novel or innovative products or processing technology in collaboration with a research organisation.
- Major – grants of $100,000 to $200,000 (per annum for two years) are available for collaborations of two or more businesses partnering with two or more research providers to develop food or beverages which enhance health and wellness in an ageing population.
The closing date for expression of interest is 5 pm Wednesday 18 October 2017.
How to apply
- Read the program guidelines and assessment criteria for the small or major funding streams.
- Contact the team at SA Food Innovation Centre to discuss your proposal. This will assist you in determining whether you may be eligible.
- Complete a self-assessment checklist.
- Complete and submit an expression of interest form.
- Applicants will be contacted to advise if their expression of interest was successful via email.
- Applicants who are successful in their expression of interest will be invited to submit a full application.
Small funding stream application documents
- Guidelines and assessment criteria – Small ()
- Self-assessment checklist –Small ()
- Expression of Interest form – Small ()
Major funding stream application documents
- Guidelines and assessment criteria – Major ()
- Self-assessment checklist – Major ()
- Expression of interest form – Major ()
Looking for ideas or need inspiration? View the program's past recipients and successful projects.
- Program flyer ()
- Case study brochure ()
- How value adding to pulses became an award-winning food product
- Funding to kick-start food innovation in SA as successful applicants reap rewards - media release 7 March 2017
- Advanced Food Manufacturing Round 3 announcement - media release 30 June 2016
Businesses can contact the SA Food Innovation Centre to find out more information or discuss how to connect with a Research and Development organisation/technical provider for their project.
Phone: (08) 8226 0109