Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) helps the livestock industry to grow and become more profitable.
We do this by:
- increasing trade and investment
- advising industry associations
- running animal health programs
- giving business and technical advice
- carrying out research and development.
Trade and investment
PIRSA increases trade and investment by:
- organising trade delegations
- linking investors to industry contacts.
We work with the Federal and South Australian Governments to organise inbound and outbound trade delegations. Inbound trade delegations come from foreign governments and industries to investigate buying South Australia livestock products. Outbound trade delegations include South Australian industry and government representatives traveling overseas to sell South Australia livestock products.
We help to link potential investors to industry contacts. PIRSA’s close relationship with the livestock industry allows us to help encourage investment.
- Livestock Investment Opportunities in South Australia. ()
- South Australian Sheep and Wool Industry ScoreCard Overview 2013-14 ()
We give advice to livestock industry associations on government regulations. This helps the industry to maintain compliance with regulations and protect the reputation of South Australia’s livestock products.
Animal health programs
We are involved with many animal health programs that aim to keep South Australian livestock disease free. Healthy livestock are more valuable and desirable. The livestock industry and South Australian economy benefits greatly from our animal health programs.
Learn more about animal health.
Business and technical advice
Our Rural Solutions department gives livestock owners technical advice about:
- improving profitability
- international competitiveness
- livestock species
- investment advice
- managing livestock projects.
Learn more about Rural Solutions.
Research and development
Our South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) works on livestock research projects to support the livestock industry.
SARDI’s Livestock research includes:
- Sheep program
- pig and poultry projects
- genetics and reproduction
- animal health and metabolism.
Learn more about SARDI’s livestock research.
Meat and Livestock Account Manager
Phone: (08) 8429 0458
Mobile: 0477 361 785
Property Identification Code (PIC) information
Phone: (08) 8207 7919 or 1800 654 688