Phylloxera and Grape Industry Act
The Phylloxera and Grape Industry Act 1995 establishes Vinehealth Australia.
Vinehealth Australia’s role is to protect South Australian vineyards from significant pests and diseases, such as phylloxera, through:
- education and awareness
- developing policy and standards
- ensuring regulatory compliance
- advocacy for research and development required.
Get more information on the Vine Health Australia website.
Wine Grapes Industry Act
- sets the time for payment for wine grapes must be made by wine processors;
- makes it an offence for wine processors to accept delivery of wine grapes unless the processor has paid in full for all the grapes it received in previous years.
Primary Industry Funding Schemes Act
Seven grape and wine industry funds have been established under this Act to allow our wine growing regions to promote and develop themselves: Primary Industry Funding Schemes Act 1998
Senior Policy Officer
Agriculture, Food and Wine
Phone: (08) 8429 0468