Industry-led Research Sub-Program (IRSP)
About SARMS IRSP
The $5 million Industry-led Research Sub-program (IRSP) program is an initiative under the $265 million South Australian River Murray Sustainability (SARMS) Program, and is part of the powerful suite of $25 million Regional Economic Development programs, which includes the:
- $12.5 million Regional Development and Innovation Fund (RDIF)
- $7.5 million Loxton Research Centre Redevelopment project.
The IRSP is an industry-led applied research grants program designed to improve South Australian River Murray regional productivity and innovation.
The program is providing funding research projects that address identified industry research priorities, with a particular focus on gaps in research not presently funded by the Commonwealth, State and private investment.
Research project priorities include:
- market research for new opportunities for primary production in the region
- new food opportunities for the region
- mechanisms to utilise waste products to create new food or products or other production enhancements that could be implemented in the region
- improved processing systems to those currently located in the region
- adaptation of established businesses within the Region to better manage regional risk factors
- optimisation of regional business systems to reduce input costs and increase production output
- diversification into new industries, markets, products and/or business models that could be adopted in the region
- innovation of new technology to benefit regional agricultural production, water management and/or business management.
View the current list of funded projects ().
- Round 1 was open from 27 June to 25 July 2014.
- Round 2 was open from 20 April to 29 May 2015.
SARMS Contract Coordinator
T: 1300 364 322