Please note: This site may contain images and voices of Aboriginal people who are now deceased.
Reconciliation Action Plan
In collaboration with Aboriginal people, Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) aims to build tangible, enduring change and equity for Aboriginal people and communities in South Australia.
Our vision is to have respectful, long-term relationships with Aboriginal people and communities.
We aim to create opportunities for Aboriginal people in primary industries and regional development.
The Reconciliation Action Plan details how we plan to achieve this vision.
Reconciliation Working Group
Our Reconciliation Working Group is responsible for coordinating the Reconciliation Action Plan.
The working party is comprised of representatives, including Aboriginal employees, from each agency division.
We are committed to:
- increasing Aboriginal participation in primary industries
- closing the gap in Aboriginal disadvantage
- proactively addressing the National Anti-Racism Strategy.
- Reconciliation Australia
- Reconciliation South Australia
- National Aboriginal and Islander Day Observance Committee (NAIDOC)
- Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students (The University of Adelaide)
- SA Government Cultural Inclusion Framework
- Aboriginal Natural Resource Management (NRM)
Visit our events hub to see reconciliation related events.
Please get in touch if you would like to talk to us about our reconciliation strategies and initiatives.