Aquaculture community engagement
PIRSA consults with the South Australian public, aquaculture industry and other stakeholders on draft aquaculture policies and applications for new aquaculture licences.
This public consultation is a requirement of the Aquaculture Act 2001 and an opportunity for those interested to provide feedback on matters relating to proposed policies or aquaculture activities. This information helps:
- inform the decision-making process
- maximise benefits to the community from the State's aquaculture resources.
- Angel Seafood lease and licence application – feedback closed 13 December 2019
- J&M Coates lease and licence application – feedback closed 13 December 2019
- Draft Aquaculture (Standard Lease and Licence Conditions) Policy 2019 – feedback closed 29 November 2019
- Red Earth land-based licence application – feedback closed 21 October 2019
- AquaUtopia Ltd lease and licence application – feedback closed on 19 July 2019
Be notified of public consultations
Register to stay informed when PIRSA Fisheries and Aquaculture undertake public consultation or public meetings are announced.