Landholders and managers can use the following on on their property:
- 1080 baits for rabbit, fox and wild dog control.
- 1080 capsules for Canid Pest Ejectors for wild dog and fox control.
- PAPP baits for wild dog control.
This is allowed under the Controlled Substances (Poisons) Regulations 2011.
How to get 1080 and PAPP baits for use in South Australia
Contact your regional NRM board for information on how to get, store and use 1080 or PAPP baits on your property.
Landholders and managers are reminded that they will have to sign an Approval to Possess 1080 and PAPP Bait form when they collect baits from their local NRM officer. If the landholder can't collect baits in person, they must nominate a collecting agent and fill out an Approval for Nominated Agent to Collect form (). The agent must bring this completed form with them to collect the baits.
Notifying neighbours before using poison baits
You must notify all neighbours before using any poison baits on a property.
Neighbour notification letter templates are available for:
All notifications must be recorded on a Neighbour notification record sheet ( or ) and kept for 2 years.
Using baits safely
The Directions for Use, Label and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) must always be followed when using baits:
Rabbit bait safety
1080 bait for rabbits:
Fox bait safety
1080 bait for foxes:
- Material Safety Data Sheet - 1080 for fox control. ()
- Directions for Use - 1080 for fox control ()
- Label - 1080 bait for fox control. ()
Canid Pest Ejector 1080 fox capsules:
- Material Safety Data Sheet - 1080 fox capsules ()
- Label and Directions for Use - 1080 fox capsules ()
FOXECUTE (PAPP) fox bait:
Wild dog bait safety
1080 bait for wild dog:
- Label - 1080 for wild dog control ()
- Directions for Use - 1080 for wild dog control ()
- Material Safety Data Sheet - 1080 for wild dog control ()
Canid Pest Ejector 1080 wild dog capsules:
- Label and Directions for Use - 1080 wild dog capsules ()
- Material Safety Data Sheet - 1080 wild dog capsules ()
DOGABAIT (PAPP) wild dog bait:
Contact your Natural Resource Management Board for information on how to get, store and use 1080 or PAPP baits on your property.