- Minimum size measured from tip of snout to tip of tail:
- Personal daily bag limit: 10 in all waters
- Daily boat limit when 3 or more people on board: 30
- Possession limit is one of the following:
- 72 fish
- 10 kg of fillets
- 36 fish and up to 5kg of fillets where a person has both fish and fillets.
Have you identified the right Whiting species
King George Whiting look very similar to Yellowfin Whiting and Silver Whiting. Make sure you know the difference so that you comply with size, bag and boat limits of King George Whiting and Yellowfin Whiting.
King George Whiting closures
From 1 May to 31 May (inclusive) it is illegal to target, take or possess King George Whiting inside 2 closure areas located in the:
- Spencer Gulf
- Gulf St Vincent and Investigator Strait.
You cannot travel through the closure areas with King George Whiting onboard.
Remember that outside of the closure areas:
- Recreational fishing limits apply for King George Whiting.
- South Australian charter boat fishing limits () apply to charter fishing activities.
Download the King George Whiting fishing closure flyer (), for a summary of the closure times and locations, as well as the limits when fishing outside the closure areas.