- Minimum legal length: 3.5 cm measures across the widest part of the shell.
- Personal daily bag limit:
- West of longitude 136°E: 100 pipi cockles
- East of longitude 136°E: 300 pipi cockles
- Daily vehicle limit when 3 or more people present:
- West of longitude 136°E: 300 pipi cockles
- East of longitude 136°E: 900 pipi cockles
- Possession limit: 1200
1 June to 31 October (inclusive).
Recreational fishing for Pipi cockles is prohibited on the Younghusband Peninsula (Coorong Beach) between the Murray Mouth and 28 Mile Crossing. See closure information