Local and international consumers are placing greater value on high quality food and wine.
Premium products are increasingly in demand.
Premium implies a sense of quality. Some people see premium as those products that have attracted accolades or awards. Others see premium for qualities such as:
- high nutritional value
- being locally produced
- safety and quality assurance.
- internationally acclaimed wines grown from some of the oldest vines in the world
- seafood including highly sought-after tuna and rock lobster
- grains, used in international beers, pastas and oils
- local businesses producing top quality products direct to the consumer
- food and wine festivals
- tourist experiences.
The priority seeks to capitalise on South Australia’s advantages to grow our local and global reputation for producing premium food, wine and other products.