Industry leaders across the Murraylands and Riverland will come together this month to discuss difficulties in finding and retaining chefs in the region.
It’s the latest Industry Leaders Group networking event hosted by Regional Development Australia Murraylands and Riverland.
Interesting and innovative menus will be the hot topic at the event as leaders in regional hospitality explore new ways of attracting both chefs and customers.
Discussion will also extend to capitalising on South Australia’s reputation as – and economic priority of – Premium Food and Wine from our Clean Environment. Some of those topics will include:
- advantages of promoting and using local produce in dining venues in the regions
- the flow on effect to the wider economy
- tourism opportunities through quality dining experiences - what are tourists looking for when they eat out on holidays
- what would attract chefs to the Riverland and Murraylands - the job and other considerations
- success stories from other regional areas
- what needs to change and how could it be achieved
The event will be held on Tuesday 15 August from 4pm to 5.30pm at Banrock Station Winery, Kingston on Murray.
For more information or to register your interest, email Murraylands and Riverland Industry Leaders Group Executive Officer Jo Battersby at email@example.com