The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) Livestock Sciences Research Division:
- supports the development of sustainable and economical animal, mixed farming and cropping industries
- conducts research to help industry achieve high quality and competitively priced produce
- provides science policy advice to government
- delivers research and development in food safety and innovation to underpin public health and economic development of the agri-food industries.
Our science programs support the national plan for research, development and extension in Australia’s pork, poultry, seafood, animal welfare and grains sectors.
Subprograms and research focus
We collaborate with a variety of groups including, universities and other government organisations.
Key collaborative partners include:
- The University of Adelaide
- Australian Pork
- Australian Wool Innovation
- Sheep CRC
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- South Australian Grain Industry Trust
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture
- Australian Seafood CRC
- AgriFutures Australia
- Australian Eggs
- PoultryHub Australia
- Australian Pork Research Institute Limited.
Specific details of our collaborative partnerships and projects are in the capability statements for each livestock and farming science subprogram.
Professor Jim Cox
Phone: (08) 8429 2277