The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) conducts sensory and consumer testing.
- Difference testing to check if there is a perceivable difference between products if there is a change in:
- Flavour profiling that uses a trained panel to assess the aroma and flavour profile of your product.
- Consumer acceptance/preference - testing explores consumer preferences and attitudes towards your product.
- Benchmarking - have your product evaluated against your competitors' products.
- Focus groups.
- Development and administration of online consumer surveys.
- Workshops and tailored training.
Our Sensory Facility, located at Urrbrae, has:
- 10 independent tasting booths with controlled temperature and lighting
- computerised data collection system
- kitchen and meeting rooms.
- Consumer acceptance testing of pork products using 1200 consumers.
- Consumer preference testing of 58 potato varieties using 2100 consumers.
- Benchmarking of carbonated beverage brands.
- Consumer acceptability of a no-sugar snack.
- Consumer acceptability of different seafood sauce thickness.
- Flavour profiling of pork meat to assess the effect of different processing conditions on sensory properties.
Dr Yaelle Saltman
Phone: 0432 577 851