The Freedom of Information Act 1991 gives you the right to access information held by the South Australian government, subject to restrictions to protect the proper administration of government and to protect the rights of third parties.
The Act allows you to request:
- access to documents from a state government agency, local council or university
- changes to documents relating to you which are incomplete, incorrect, out-of-date or misleading
- a review of a decision made by a state government agency, local council or university.
Freedom of Information applications
If you want access to Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) information send us an FOI application.
Visit the State Records website to:
- download an FOI application form
- find out how much your application will cost (an application for amendment of personal records is free of charge)
- see time frames for the application process.
Submitting your FOI application
Send your completed application form and all supporting documents to:
Freedom of Information Officer
Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA)
GPO Box 1671
Adelaide, SA 5001
Phone: (08) 8429 0422
Contact our FOI officer if you need help with your application.
Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
The information you need may already be available
We publish the following information from our ministers, their officers and our chief executive:
- credit card expenditure
- overseas travel details
- mobile phone expenditure
- ancillary office expenditure
- our gift register
- our contracts and consultants
- our capital works projects
- our procurement practices.
- Documents and publications available free or to buy ().
- Contact the relevant area for help with a specific request.
If you can’t find the information you need please send us an FOI application.
FOI information statement
Our FOI information statement () includes information about:
- our structure and function
- ways our functions affect members of the public
- how the public can take part in forming our policies
- documents and publications you can buy from us
- documents you can access for free.