The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) Aquatic Sciences summer scholarships:
- Give students experience in fisheries, aquaculture and ecological research.
- Take place at SARDI Aquatic Sciences unique research facility.
Summer scholarships are:
- awarded to up to 2 outstanding undergraduates from SA universities every year
- paid as a $1,500 stipend (salary) to you through your university department
- available from November to February
- 6-8 weeks in duration
- usually based in West Beach
- run under supervision of SARDI Aquatic Science staff.
Students will gain experience in:
- managing a minor project
- library research
- experimental design and implementation
- preparing a written report.
- to cover all field and logistical costs for the duration of the scholarship
- that your university will pay for all insurance costs.
Apply for a summer scholarship
- Applications are usually open from September and due in early November.
- We will notify successful applicants in mid November each year.
Enquiries and applications
Assoc. Prof. Jason Tanner
SARDI Aquatic Sciences
PO Box 120, Henley Beach, 5022
Phone: (08) 8207 5400
Information for Victorian students
Summer scholarships are also available to students from Victorian Universities affiliated with the Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) in Victoria.