A sub-committee of the AW Howard Memorial Trust may award the Tim Healey Memorial Scholarship annually to a deserving candidate.
The post-graduate student must be studying in a field that benefits the future of Australian farming such as:
- livestock management
- farming systems
- farm business management
- woody crops
- on-farm biodiversity or
- socio-economic aspects of farming.
The recipient must:
- currently hold, or been approved for, an existing base scholarship (such as an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (RTPS), formerly Australian Postgraduate Award (APA)), or an industry-based fund of similar merit
- have been accepted in an appropriate full-time Higher Degree by Research program at a recognised Australian university
- meet the selection criteria.
More information about the scholarship’s selection criteria, including terms and conditions, are detailed in the General Conditions of Award.
The successful applicant will receive a top-up scholarship of $10,000 per year, regardless of the value or existence of a student’s base scholarship, for a maximum of 3.5 years (extensions may be granted in exceptional circumstances).
The scholarship is dependent on continued satisfactory university approved progress and performance.
Apply for the Tim Healey Memorial scholarship
- Applications open 20 August 2019.
- Applications close 31 October 2019.
Applications and enquiries
The Executive Officer
AW Howard Memorial Trust Inc.
C/- South Australian Research and Development Institute
GPO Box 397
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Phone: (08) 8303 9400
About the scholarship
The Future Farm Industries Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Board established the scholarship in 2013. A sub-committee of the AW Howard Memorial Trust has administered the program since 2014.
The scholarship represents the CRC and AW Howard Trust’s commitment to ongoing development of Australia’s farming systems. It is also a fitting legacy in memory of Dr Tim Healey’s contribution to this effort.
Read more about Dr Tim Healey in the General Conditions of Award.