Fruit Fly in SA
Travelling into South Australia or the Riverland
Plan your trip and do not bring fresh fruit or fruiting vegetables into South Australia or the Riverland. You could face a $375 fine.
Zero tolerance measures are in place at the Yamba Quarantine Station and at random roadblocks. You cannot declare fruit or fruiting vegetables at these points.
Use the quarantine bins provided and keep South Australia fruit fly free. Our growers depend on you.
Which fruit and vegetables can I bring into SA?
Use our handy Food Checker to see what fresh fruit and fruiting vegetables you can and cannot bring into South Australia.
Current fruit fly outbreaks in SA
View current outbreaks in SA and find out what you need to do if you live or work in an outbreak area.
Identify and report - fruit fly hotline
If you find maggots in fruit, fruiting vegetables, or other plants, call the 24-hour fruit fly hotline on 1300 666 010.
Even if you’re not sure, report it as soon as possible. We take all calls on fruit fly seriously and will treat them confidentially.
Learn how identify and report fruit fly.
SA fruit fly map
This interactive map displays the locations of Quarantine Stations, Quarantine Bins and the Riverland Pest Free Area.
How to use the map
You can use the:
- LOCATION SEARCH box near the top of the map to find towns, postcodes or addresses
- NAVIGATION tools to zoom in and out
- MY LOCATION tool to zoom into your current location
Quarantine stations and disposal bins
You must stop at quarantine stations. Your vehicle will be checked for any fresh fruit, vegetables, other plants or plant products.
If caught with fresh fruit or vegetables at the Yamba Quarantine Station, you will be fined $375.
Highways that do not have quarantine stations have quarantine bins where you must dispose of all restricted items.
Quarantine Station Locations
Permanent quarantine stations are located on the:
Disposal Bin Locations
- Glenelg Highway near Mount Gambier
- Nelson Highway near Mount Gambier
- Princes Highway near Mount Gambier
- Dukes Highway near Bordertown
- Stuart Highway at Marla
- Wimmera Highway near Naracoorte
- Old Wentworth Road at the State border
- Purnong Road near Mannum
- Goyder Highway near Morgan
- Thiele Highway near Eudunda
- Sturt Highway near Blanchetown
- Stott Highway near Sedan
- Angas Valley Road near Walker Flat
- Hunter Road near Bow Hill
- Browns Well Highway near Paruna
- Karoonda Highway near Alawoona
- Oodla Wirra (when quarantine station is closed)
- Pinnaroo (when quarantine station is closed)
Fruit fly reporting hotline
To report suspected fruit fly, phone the 24 hour Fruit Fly Hotline on 1300 666 010.