The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) is the State Government’s principal research institute.
SARDI has provided its stakeholders with innovative, world-leading research and development solutions for more than 20 years.
Our multi-disciplinary approach is organised into dedicated science programs in 3 key research divisions:
We address the following priorities for primary industries:
- marine and fresh-water resource management, including wild fisheries and aquaculture
- new crop varieties and production technologies
- food safety and innovation
- sustainable use of resources
- adaptation to climate variability in regional South Australia
- innovation capability and enabling technologies
- animal health and welfare.
Our people are highly skilled, experienced and passionate about their work.
They pursue innovative research and practical solutions for our state’s primary industries.
Many SARDI scientists have produced groundbreaking research and are considered world leaders in their field.
Our research benefits from collaborations with key industries, primary producers, numerous research institutions and other organisations.
We have a comprehensive range of expertise, technical knowledge and services.
- scientific excellence
- progressive, economic and technologically advanced methodologies
- a contemporary outlook to which embrace technology and flexible approaches to meet client needs
- a collaborative spirit
- accuracy and timeliness
- courage and humility
- professional and ethical standards
- care for people and the environment.
We have an extensive network of research centres, laboratories and field sites across the state.
Our people and collaborators benefit from our modern and advanced research centres and related infrastructure and resources.