The South Australian Government has announced an expansion of the $21 million drought package giving more support to drought affected primary producers.
- extension of the Pastoral Lease Rent Rebate to all South Australian Pastoralists
- easing of eligibility criteria and application process for the On-Farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate
- further management measures to deal with wild dogs
- expansion of mental health and wellbeing support
- drought community events fund
- Soil Erosion Emergency Action Fund.
Activities under the program
Under the program, eligible farmers can access:
- A 50% rebate for Pastoral Lease Rent to all South Australian pastoralists.
- A 50% rebate for council rates (up to $5,000), for producers receiving or eligible for Farm Household Allowance.
- A 50% rebate (or up to $50,000) under the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- Wellbeing support through the Family and Business support (FaB) mentor program.
- Increased services through Rural Business Support, including Rural Financial Counselling Services.