The South Australian Government’s $21 million Drought Support Package aims to support farm families, local businesses and rural communities dealing with drought conditions.
Activities under the program
Under the program, eligible farmers can access:
- A 50% rebate for Pastoral Lease Rent to all South Australian pastoralists.
- A 50% rebate for council rates (up to $5,000), for producers receiving or eligible for Farm Household Allowance.
- Connecting drought communities – event grants of up to $10,000.
- Wellbeing support through the Family and Business support (FaB) mentor program.
- Increased services through Rural Business Support, including Rural Financial Counselling Services.