Through Regions SA, the Department of Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) manages several ongoing programs to assist regional South Australian businesses and communities.
While the programs vary in scope and emphasis, each makes a significant contribution to improving the economic and social experience in the regions.
PIRSA-managed grant programs
There are no grant programs through Regions SA currently open. For PIRSA-wide grants and assistance please go to the Grants and Assistance page.
Currently closed to applicants
- Upper Spencer Gulf and Outback Futures Program
- Regional Development Fund
- Regional Development Australia Fund
- SARMS - Industry-led Research Sub-Program (IRSP)
- SARMS - Regional Development & Innovation Fund (RDIF)
- SARMS - Irrigation Industry Improvement Program (3IP)
- Supporting Brands of our Key Regions Funding program
Other government grants
State and federal grants
Visit the GRANTassist website for information about other State Government grants.
Federal grant information can also be found on the:
- GRANTassist website
- Australian Government Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development website.
Building Better Regions Fund
Announced on 23 November 2016, the Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) will invest $297.7 million over four years in infrastructure projects and community investments to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities into the future.
Grants are available through two funding streams:
- Infrastructure Projects
- Community Investments.