River Murray Flood Primary Producer Recovery Grants
The grant will be available up to a date to be determined by the Australian and state governments having regard to flood water levels and recovery needs.
The objective of this grant is to support primary producers that have suffered direct loss or damage as a result of the 2022-23 River Murray Floods.
Grants are available for individual primary production businesses to assist with costs for clean-up and recovery and will cover expenditure incurred on or after 15 November 2022.
You can make up to 3 claims to support your grant for up to $75,000 (GST exclusive). This is available as:
- funding up to $25,000 (tier 1)
- a subsequent amount of up to $50,000 (tier 2).
Before starting your application, read the River Murray Floods Primary Producer Recovery Grants guidelines () for details.
You must be a primary producer businesses located within the affected local government council areas:
- Alexandrina Council
- Berri Barmera Council
- Coorong District Council
- District Council of Karoonda East Murray
- District Council of Loxton Waikerie
- Mid Murray Council
- Pastoral Unincorporated Area
- Renmark Paringa Council
- Rural City of Murray Bridge.
To be eligible you must:
- be a primary producer
- devote part of your labour to the primary production enterprise
- derive at least 50 per cent of your gross income from primary production in an average year
- or derive at least 50 per cent of your total gross income from primary production and value-added products (e.g. wine) made directly from raw produce grown by you
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at the time of the disaster
- have a primary production enterprise that is located in the defined disaster area for the eligible disaster and have suffered direct damage as a result of the eligible disaster
- have been engaged in carrying on the primary production enterprise when affected by the eligible disaster
- intend to re-establish the primary production enterprise in the same community, region or sector as the defined disaster area for the eligible disaster
- be primarily responsible for meeting the costs claimed in the applications.
You may also be eligible if:
- your primary production enterprise is located outside the eligible defined disaster area but is carried on at least sometime on a regular basis within that area
- property, plant or equipment of the primary production enterprise situated in the defined disaster area has been damaged as a result of the River Murray Floods.
How to apply
Complete and submit the online grant application attaching supporting documentation.
Primary producers who were not eligible for the River Murray Floods Irrigation Infrastructure Grants may be eligible to apply.