Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) supports South Australia’s grain industry through:
- whole-of-chain sustainable industry development
- partnering with relevant industries to develop and implement strategic plans and associated industry development projects
- Facilitating partnerships between the state government and industry
- investment attraction
- international trade development.
In 2018-19 the South Australian field crops industry generated $3.8 billion or 25% of South Australia's primary industries and agribusiness revenue.
Our continuing goals include ensuring that:
- grain production systems are environmentally sustainable
- grains produced satisfy emerging demand for specific purposes
- maximum value is added to the grain before it leaves South Australia
- the industry value chain is internationally competitive
- changes in the nature and scope of the grains industry generate beneficial social outcomes for rural and regional South Australia.
Grant industry funding schemes
- Grain Industry Funds.
- Eyre Peninsula Grain Growers Rail Fund.
Who we work with
We work closely with other PIRSA divisions such as The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) and Rural Solutions SA.
Other State Government agencies we work with include:
- Department of State Development (including InvestSA)
- Department for Environment, Water and Natural Resources
- Department for Premier and Cabinet.
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Department for Health
- Department for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
A range of industry participants:
- Primary Producers SA
- Grain Producers SA
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Grain Industry Association of South Australia
- grain traders and exporters
- grain processors
- various research and development organisations.
Grains Account Manager
Phone: (08) 8429 0472
Mobile: 0409 289 107