The Department of Primary Industries and Regions (PIRSA) supports South Australia’s grain industry through:
- whole-of-chain sustainable industry development
- partnering with relevant industries to develop and implement strategic plans and associated industry development projects
- Facilitating partnerships between the state government and industry
- investment attraction
- international trade development.
In 2018-19 the South Australian field crops industry generated $3.8 billion or 25% of South Australia's primary industries and agribusiness revenue.
Our continuing goals include ensuring that:
- grain production systems are environmentally sustainable
- grains produced satisfy emerging demand for specific purposes
- maximum value is added to the grain before it leaves South Australia
- the industry value chain is internationally competitive
- changes in the nature and scope of the grains industry generate beneficial social outcomes for rural and regional South Australia.
Grant industry funding schemes
- Grain Industry Funds.
- Eyre Peninsula Grain Growers Rail Fund.
Who we work with
PIRSA works with other State Government agencies including:
- Department of State Development (including InvestSA)
- Department for Environment, Water and Natural Resources
- Department for Premier and Cabinet.
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Department for Health
- Department for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
A range of industry participants:
- Primary Producers SA
- Grain Producers SA
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Grain Industry Association of South Australia
- grain traders and exporters
- grain processors
- various research and development organisations.
Grains Account Manager
Phone: (08) 8429 0472
Mobile: 0409 289 107