The Trust awards the Research Fellowship to an outstanding candidate currently undertaking or intending to undertake post-graduate pasture research.
The Research Fellowship is:
- paid as a stipend of $10,000 annually
- for a period of up to 3.5 years
- dependent on an annual evaluation of continued satisfactory performance.
The Trust encourages applications from students with qualifications in:
- agricultural science
- natural resource management
- agricultural economics
- social science.
Your current or approved Masters or Doctorate degree must be relevant to:
- pasture management, development or use
- the objectives of the Trust.
Conditions of the Fellowship
The recipient must:
- currently hold, or been approved for, an existing base scholarship (such as an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (RTPS), formerly Australian Postgraduate Award (APA)), or an industry-based fund of similar merit
- have been accepted in an appropriate full-time Higher Degree by Research program at a recognised Australian university
- meet the selection criteria
- be an Australian citizen or have had continuous residency in Australia for a minimum of three years
- produce a short summary of their studies signed by them and their supervisor each year
- produce annual certification of satisfactory performance from their supervisor
- present to the trust a report summarising the outcomes of their study at its completion.
The recipient will:
- be recognised as the AW Howard Fellow
- acknowledge the support of the Trust in all publications, seminars and media dissemination of their study
- be encouraged to apply for a travel grant to raise the profile of AW Howard’s legacy and the Trust at an international forum.
The Fellow’s research may be presented at an AW Howard Memorial Research Fellow seminar in association with a state or regional branch of the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology (AIAST).
Apply for a Research Fellowship
- Applications open 15 August 2017.
- Applications close 30 October 2017.
The Executive Officer
AW Howard Memorial Trust Inc.
C/- South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI)
GPO Box 397
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Phone: (08) 8303 9401