- Minimum size measured across its widest point:
- Greenlip Abalone in the Western zone: 14.5 cm.
- All species in all other waters: 13 cm.
- Personal daily bag limit: 5 - the limit is a combined total of both species.
- Daily boat limit:
- 5 per day (combined total) if taken by 1 person.
- 10 per day (combined total) if taken by more than 1 person.
Taking of Abalone is prohibited in all aquatic reserves and intertidal reef areas.
The diver must:
- carry a suitable measuring device
- measure abalone as soon as it has been removed from the surface it was attached to
- returned immediately if it is undersized
- bring the abalone above the high water mark before removing the meat.
Go to fishing limits
Page Last Reviewed: 30 Nov 2016